Assisting business owners who need a little or a lot of help in organizing, recording and interpreting their financial transactions is what we do best. Whether your time is limited or you simply just don’t want to do the bookkeeping, we can help. Our firm provides a full range of cost-effective bookkeeping services including the following:
- HST, PST, WSIB, EHT and Payroll Deductions remittances
- Data entry of transactions into computerized system
- Bank Reconciliations
- Bookkeeping assistance and training
- Troubleshoot accounting and bookkeeping related issues onsite
- Sage 50, Sage One and QuickBooks software setup and training
- Preparation of other Government related compliance forms such as T4 slips & Summary reports, ROE’s, Annual WSIB & EHT reconciliation
Business owners need to focus their time, energy and resources in areas that benefit them the most. KAW Business Services can customize a bookkeeping solution to fit your personal needs and free up some of your valuable time.
Assessing your business strengths and weaknesses and having the accurate financial information and tools to do so will promote the profitability and growth of your business. KAW Business Services can assist you with special projects to get these essential resources in place.
Software Selection, Implementation & Training
Are you or one of your staff seeking to learn to use computerized accounting software? KAW Business Services understands the importance of having an accounting system that is set up and operating correctly and efficiently. Our team can help you decide what accounting package is best for your business. We can assist with the installation of the program, train you to use it and provide ongoing support.
KAW Business Services has staff that is knowledgeable and certified in the Sage 50 desktop software application, as well as, the Sage One and QuickBooks online software applications. If these small business accounting software solutions don’t fit your needs, we are experienced in doing research to find accounting software for specific applications.
Starting a business is a very exciting venture but there are many things to do and think about. KAW Business Services can walk you through all the aspects of starting your own business from deciding whether to incorporate or operate as a proprietorship through to obtaining financing. Below is a list of some of the tasks and considerations of starting your own business:
- Decide whether to incorporate, operate as a proprietorship or partnership
- Prepare a business plan
- Determine how much financing will be needed
- Obtain financing
- Find a lawyer
- Set up a Canada Revenue Agency business number
- Open HST and payroll accounts with CRA
- Set up bookkeeping
- Obtain appropriate insurance coverage
- Obtain a business license
- Decide whether to take a salary or dividends if incorporated
KAW Business Services will help you perform all of the necessary tasks of starting a business so you focus on growing your business.
Controllership (CFO) Services
Quite often it is not possible for small companies to employ a full-time Controller. Outsourcing some of the responsibilities of the Controller is a cost-effective way to focus on the challenges facing your business.
Below are some of the Controllership Services that small businesses often do not have the manpower or expertise to complete. Outsourcing special projects could be your solution. KAW Business Services can provide assistance in the following areas.
- Assistance with year-end and significant adjusting entries
- Compilation of information for CRA reviews and audits
- Search out solutions for overloaded in-house accounting functions
- Explore new accounting software solutions to replace outdated software
Tax compliance with Canadian taxes is critical for any business. Knowing if and when you need to file returns and remittances with the various Government agencies can be overwhelming. Further, the information that is required with these payments needs to be correct or, you will just be creating more work for yourself and your accounting/bookkeeping professional.
KAW Business Services can help keep you on track with all your government reporting and remittance obligations. Because we can ensure that you are meeting all levels of compliance, we will be able to assist you in presenting the appropriate backup information in the event of a review by one of the Government Agencies.
Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. Our firm provides a full range of cost-effective accounting services including the following:
- Bookkeeping (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual)
- Compilation of financial statements for management and business decision making
- Preparation of year-end working papers
- Ready for your accounting firm to process corporate year-end financial statements
- New business consulting and set-up
With your business accounting needs professionally organized by KAW Business Services, you will be better equipped to clearly develop the best options to drive your business forward.